Samyang 16mm T2.2 ED AS UMC CS
Ultra wide angle, bright Samyang 16mm T2.2 ED AS UMC CS lens is intended for digital reflex cameras and mirrorless compact cameras fitted with APS-C sensor. VDSLR Samyang lenses are fitted with racks compatible with the Follow Focus system. This solution allows for effortless and accurate rotation of focus and aperture rings. The aperture ring is rotated smoothly and noiselessly. These modifications allow for extremely comfortable and effective control of focal plane and depth of field during filming.
The lens has been designed with an extreme care for details. Its optics comprise of 13 elements arranged in 11 groups, including one ED element with very low dispersion factor, aspherical element made of optical glass and hybrid-aspherical element. The lenses have been covered with multi-layered anti-reflective UMC coatings to ensure perfect light transmission. Brightness of the lens corresponds with the T-number of 2.2. To facilitate the reading on the focus and aperture scale, both these indexes are marked in a parallel position to the optical axis of the lens.
- 16mm lens with 79.5° angle-of-view
- Image Circle covers APS-C sized sensors
- Industry Standard 0.8 pitch gearing on Focus and Iris rings
- De-clicked aperture for smooth focus pulls
- 13 elements in 11 groups with an aspherical and a hybrid aspherical lens element
- Ultra Multi Coating on lens minimizes flares and ghosting
- Depth of Field markings on side of the lens
- A minimum focusing distance of 7.87 inches
- Includes bayonet mount lens hood
Parameter Value Focal length: 16 mm T-number: 2.2 Angle of view: 83.1° Minimum focusing distance: 0.2 m Minimum aperture: 22 Number of aperture blades: 8 Focus adjustment: manual Optical construction: 13 lens elements, 11 groups, 1 ED, 1 ASP, 1 Hybrid ASP Available mounts: Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony A, Sony E Dimensions (for Canon EF): 89.4 x 83 mm Weight (for Canon EF): 583g